VolkswagenStiftung Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities
This call is part of VolkswagenStiftung Postdoctoral Fellowships career development strategy for African researchers in which junior and senior postdoctoral fellows should take responsibility for developing and executing their own research project and show leadership responsibilities for their research group (in the case of senior fellows). With this program, the Foundation intends to give support to those postdoctoral researchers who wish to follow academic careers in Africa.
Employer – VolkswagenStiftung
Scholarship Type – Postdoctoral Fellowship
Scholarship Deadline – September 15, 2012
For Countries – Sub-Saharan Africa and North Africa
Cultural, historic, religious, ethnic, philosophic and linguistic phenomena and research questions in the humanities in Africa are at the core of this call for
proposals. Social, economic as well as political approaches can be included but should not be the main focus of the project. All projects should have a
strong reference to present questions and problems in Africa.
The budget must be justified specifically. It could include:
- Salary of the fellow or topping-up if already employed at the African research institution (depending on experience and customary local salaries),
- Alternatively, the budget for the topping up of the salary can be used to employ lecturers in order to reduce personal teaching duties • Salaries of graduate students involved in the research project,
- Travel expenses for conferences/workshops,
- Research visits to African/non-African institutions of up to 3 – 4 months per year (including visits to the German partner institution),
- Language courses, or courses for project management etc.,
- Publication costs,
- Administrative costs (max. 6,000 EUR),
- Small equipment (max. 10 % of total budget).
How to apply
Application is online. Make sure you fellow all the necessary instructions. To continue with the application click link VolkswagenStiftung Postdoctoral Fellowships
Dr. Cora Ziegenbalg
Phone: +49 (0) 511 8381 237
Fax: +49 (0) 511 8381 344